You can book your retreat by...
send an email to email@example.com if you sign up for an Ocean & Yoga Retreat with Edu.
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you sign up for an Ocean & Yoga Retreat with Jana or for a Mountain Retreat with her.
with the following information:
- your full name, address & which retreat you'd like to sign up for
- which accommodation option you prefer (options listed on each retreat page)
- any dietary needs, allergies or food intolerances that you may have
2. DEPOSIT PAYMENT Ocean & Yoga
You will receive a confirmation email with an invoice to wire your deposit payment of 300EUR to the account of your retreat teacher.
3. DEPOSIT PAYMENT Olho Branco or Wild Oasis
A second deposit payment to the retreat location Olho Branco/Wild Oasis is due 2-4 weeks prior to the start date of your retreat.
4. REMAINING PAYMENT
is only due upon arrival (in cash).
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Founder of Ocean & Yoga
feel free to contact me
Mobile Portugal (What's app/Telegram/Signal): +351.927 181 448
Important information about current status in Portugal, changes to expect in our retreats
and updated booking, deposits & refund terms:
We would also give you this deposit back if Portugal would change the entry regulations after your date of booking and if you cannot enter the country due to the changes that Portugal made
In the event that circumstances prevent you from traveling to the retreat on your country’s side (including flight cancelations) we share the risk with you and will refund 50% of your first deposit to Ocean & Yoga back to you. And we will do so until the start of the retreat date!
(updated January 2022)
if you are interested to support us as a volunteer at Olho Branco (housekeeping, kitchen support, garden help) during or outside of the retreats, please email Fernando:
Join our vision of individuals and families here on the beautiful mountain top of Picota, Monchique, co-create your vision with us!
SEEKING long-term gardener with experience and ideas in permaculture, organic farming, agroforestry. You can also create your own business with the resources that we offer!
WHO WE ARE
We are a team of individuals and families joining together as the guardians of the spring water from the mountain, with the vision to regenerate the land after the fires of 2018. Our vision is to create and maintain a place to live together in harmony, to be as sustainable and off-grid as possible, and to create a place for other people to come here to retreat, to meditate and practice yoga, to receive treatments and study healing arts, to live healthy, and to learn from nature.
At the moment, we occasionally have weekend events take pace here but there is no daily yoga, meditation or any other activity program at the moment. We also don’t have a schedule of set meals for all. Everyone takes care of their own cooking, but spontaneous gatherings of eating together, meditation, dance, yoga and sweat lodges, do happen from time to time.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- several terraces with different types of veggie beds, biotopes, herbal gardens, tree nurseries, fruit trees and forrest trees
- several water mines, 8 natural water springs, watering systems to water the gardens, water tanks, gravity watering pipes from lakes above
- greenhouse (full set of materials is here, needs to be built)
- chicken/duck house
- big array of tools (electrical and hardware) and big storehouse (100sqm)
- an old but sheltered with extra roof caravan with a gorgeous view and a budget for materials for you to rebuild and make it cozy to create your living space there
- roofed compost toilets and hot showers
- a salamander to keep warm in the winter
- access to a 100sqm dome to use for self-practice or possibly hold workshops
- other people who live here can support you in the garden and we can also find and organize volunteers to support your work
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU
- a nature and outdoor-lover who is interested in settling down (at least for a while) and to build a home here
(minimum vision at least 1 year)
- someone with experience ready to take responsibility in planting, designing gardens and taking care of gardens, growing vegetable and fruit, agroforestry. Just getting started after taking one permaculture course won’t give you enough experience with the responsibility for such a big garden.
- someone who is courageous to re-invent, creative to dream, savvy to manifest
- someone with vision and clarity how to create opportunities with and from the garden (e.g. create local initiatives for local families to have access to healthy and affordable food such as CSA (community supportive agriculture), selling at local organic markets, producing food ideas (conserving foods in jams, chutneys, dried stuff, sauces,...) or wants to create other ideas such as pop-up restaurants, run your own permaculture workshops for adults or children,…
- someone who is self-responsible to create and organise your vision into daily tasks
- good with team leading, able to organise further helpers or temporary volunteers, who we can invite to help you with projects and maintenance
- preferably also handy and able to support/help with construction work
- preferably Portuguese/Portuguese speaking
Please email Jana email@example.com to introduce yourself and your visions - or contact for further questions if you feel the call!